If your availability changes and you’re no longer able to work your scheduled series of shifts, the recurring shift drop feature can help!
To manage requests for time off:
- Select REQUEST TIME OFF on the left-side menu.
- Select the START DATE and END DATE for the requests you’d like to view.
- Select the POSITIONS you’d like to view.
- Select SHOW PENDING.
- Click the CHECK button to approve or the MINUS button to deny the request.
- Once the request has been approved/denied, the requesting employee will be notified.
Pending requests for time off (RTOs) are listed in the order they were submitted – the first listed is the first submitted.
To view corresponding approved, pending and denied requests for time off, click VIEW SIMILAR REQUESTS.
A request for time off will automatically be denied if it conflicts with an employee’s existing scheduled shift. The requesting employee will be required to find shift coverage by dropping or swapping the shift.
When generating a new schedule, SubItUp automatically accounts for time off requests, guaranteeing an employee is never scheduled during an approved request.
Requests for time off (RTOs) are position specific. An employee that works more than one position will need to have their RTOs approved by each position manager.