Turning on Drop Partial Shifts will allow your employees to drop a portion of their shift if they can no longer work the entire shift length. As a manager, you can determine the increments of time an employee can drop their shift ranging from 15 minutes to 2 hours.
Example: Mike is scheduled to work from 8am - 11am. With this setting set to 1-hour, Mike will have the ability to drop 1-hour increments from his scheduled shift time.
- Drop 8 am – 9 am and work from 9 am – 11am
- Or, drop 8 am – 10 am and work from 10 am – 11 am.
To turn on the drop partial shift feature:
- Click on SETUP in the left-side toolbar.
- Select #3 – POSITION SETTINGS.
- Under POSITIONS, select the position you would like to modify settings for.
- Under MANAGE SETTINGS, select DROP PARTIAL SHIFTS.
- Select MINIMUM PARTIAL SHIFT LENGTH in the drop-down menu.
- If applicable, select APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS.
- Click SAVE.
Note: The drop partial shift feature is turned off by default. In order for staff to drop part of a shift, the position manager must manually turn on this feature.